The purpose of the Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Professionals is to promote environmental education, research, planning, assessment, review, and management through the formation and operation of a nonpolitical multidisciplinary professional society.
- To promote public understanding of important environmental issues.
- To provide environmental awareness at decision-making levels of government and private industry.
- To encourage interdisciplinary environmental planning, assessment, research, and education.
- To promote a better understanding of the work of environmental professionals and encourage adherence to stringent standards of ethical conduct within environmental professions.
- To provide opportunities for and encourage the professional development and interaction of members through meetings, conferences, newsletters, seminars and other activities.